❝ You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will. ❞ — Stephen King
I won’t lie — I’ve actually never made a bucket list before in my life. Ever. And that might sound surprising, but when you’ve got your whole life ahead of you, it feels like there’s all the time in the world to think of things to do. All the time in the world to get those things done.
But after summer vacation this year, I’m packing up my suitcase and moving halfway across the globe — and suddenly, all the time in the world has been reduced to ooh, about three months. This thought is equally refreshing and terrifying to me. I’m not really one to step out of my comfort zone, so the thought that I’ll be leaving the bright California sunshine and heading into a (possible) onslaught of rainy days in the UK is a lot to take in, to say the least.
My time in the United States, at least for now, is very quickly and alarmingly coming to a pause — I won’t say end because that sounds too final, and I’m not very good with penultimates. And that made me realize that in a year’s time, when summer rolls back around, I might not get to do all the things I normally would be doing, if I was here in America. So why not make the most of it while I can?
And as it’s officially the first day of summer… Below I’ve attached my first ever bucket list! (Maybe more lists for different things will appear in the future, but baby steps, baby steps!) I initially wasn’t planning on blogging about it, but then I decided that there isn’t really any harm in doing so. And if all that comes out of it is someone disagreeing with my sense of fun, well, I can’t say I’ll be that disappointed! And who knows? Maybe my list will inspire someone else to make their own.
Let me know in the comments what’s #1 on your 2018 summer bucket list!
My 2018 Summer Bucket List:
- have a bonfire ( as long as southern california doesn’t burn down in the process )
- catch fireflies
- go to the best instagram photo spots in la and take cute pictures
- make homemade pizza with friends
- attend an outdoor concert
- have a water balloon fight
- make a lemonade stand ( or, at the very least, drink lemonade )
- collect seashells and pebbles at the beach
- go on a road trip with friends
- have a photo shoot with friends
- buy ice cream from a cute shop
- have tons of sleepovers
- go to the farmer’s market
- binge disney movies with friends
- tinkerbell movies
- high school musical
- princess movies
- redecorate / declutter my bedroom
- go to the beach ( -each, let’s go get away )
- see mamma mia! 2 in theatres
- do more bullet journalling
- drink more water
- compliment strangers and leave nice notes for people
- go on a shopping spree for clothes
- read more books than I can count
- cook new things / find new recipes with friends
- exercise more
- take the burbank warner bros studio tour
- f.r.i.e.n.d.s central perk set!
- take tons of pictures ( + actually use my digital camera )
- finish writing the first draft of my novel
- read more poetry
- smile a lot
- spread positivity whenever possible
- have more meaningful conversations